These are pictures of the Flagellation of Christ by Caravaggio (1607), 286 x 213 cm, taken at the Sanguine exhibition at the museum for contemporary art in Antwerp. I took these during the summer months of 2018. They are mostly intended as reference pictures for personal use.
There was just one other painting by Caravaggio in the exhibition, Boy bitten by a lizard. It was behind glass, not very big and quite dark so I didn’t take any pictures of that one. Apparently there was also a film of another painting of Caravaggio, one of the Davids I believe, but I missed that.T
The rest of the art works in the exhibition were not that exciting.
In the bottom left corner there is some kind of red seal:
Page Updates (see menu)
31.03.2020: Added menu items under 3. The quest of the sword.
Copyright images: Maugis (unless stated otherwise).
- I. Books / Boeken
- II. Gallery
- General paintings & drawings
- Hiding in the Duchy (the Burgundian series)
- III. The Sword in the Stone
- The physical appearance of Charles the Bold
- The personality of Charles the Bold
- The companions of Charles the Bold
- The death of Charles the Bold
- The corpse of Charles the Bold
- Alchemy & Burgundy
- The Golden Fleece
- The Holy Blood
- The role of Anthony the Bastard
- Jean and the Tournament of Valenciennes
- Jacques & Georges
- Reconquering Burgundy
- IV. The Burgundian Codex
- V. About this site / Over deze website
Subscribe to Blog via Email