Documents, artwork and background information regarding the Burgundian era, and more specifically the period when Charles the Bold was alive (November 1433- January 1477). The research is in connection with a certain quest I have undertaken, interrupted by numerous side quests.
Note that this quest or research has nothing to do with the book about The Burgundians by Bart Van Loo that appeared beginning of 2019.
I’m mostly looking for information in original sources such as contemporary chronicles or when I discover something in derivative texts, I double check in the originals.
The list of documents (on a separate page) is not complete. I will add items whenever I have some time.
The subchapters can be selected from the menu at the top of this website.
Page Updates (see menu)
31.03.2020: Added menu items under 3. The quest of the sword.
Copyright images: Maugis (unless stated otherwise).
- I. Books / Boeken
- II. Gallery
- General paintings & drawings
- Hiding in the Duchy (the Burgundian series)
- III. The Sword in the Stone
- The physical appearance of Charles the Bold
- The personality of Charles the Bold
- The companions of Charles the Bold
- The death of Charles the Bold
- The corpse of Charles the Bold
- Alchemy & Burgundy
- The Golden Fleece
- The Holy Blood
- The role of Anthony the Bastard
- Jean and the Tournament of Valenciennes
- Jacques & Georges
- Reconquering Burgundy
- IV. The Burgundian Codex
- V. About this site / Over deze website
Subscribe to Blog via Email